EXPRESS YOURSELF - PARENTAL FORUM
Express Yourself (a platform for parents to connect with other parents to
connect, gain support and share ideas):
• Address at home and school issues
• Connect with guests to gain support and ask questions
• Build confidence, teamwork, and leadership skills
The forum started in 2020, and since then, we have:
• Discussed issues of relationships in regards to how families are coping during the lockdown
• Invited a local councillor (Cllr. Jamie Audsley) to discuss issues and answer questions surrounding the community needs from the local authority
• Invited an executive principle (Nick Soar) of two secondary schools to discuss school’s role in supporting during the lockdown.
• Gone on a journey of discovery - a project where all the participants rediscovered themselves and rekindled their forgotten passion.
Seminars and business networking events
As part of our ongoing work, we regularly host world cafe style seminars and business networking events with community members, schools, businesses, statutory organisations, met police, journalists and the media. The focus of these discussion varies on issues such as youth unemployment, youth crime, public safety, business collaboration with charities etc These events provide the opportunity for everyone to network, share their views with relevant parties, bring community issues to light, understand the changing needs of young people, and identify solutions to community and society level problems.