MORE THAN ABLE (MTA) LEADERSHIP ACADEMY
We have several programs designed to:
• Reduce the need for expulsion
• Encourage engagement at school
• Tailor support to individuals needs
• Deter young people from a life of crime
• Build soft skills such as confidence, teamwork, self-expression, communication, and leadership
• Address factors influencing poor behavior e.g. home issues, peer pressure, self-esteem
Through our programs Music Relief have:
• Influenced over 5000 young people
• Delivered 20 motivational year group assemblies
• Worked with 100 primary and secondary schools
• 60% of young people who participated in our workshops deterred from criminal activities
• Held 2 world café style seminars in attendance with teachers to understand young people’s needs, issues within schools, and school capabilities
We are providing preventative measures to young people who are vulnerably
and at risk of being exploited and getting involved with crime. Intervention for young people in school who are frequently suspended from
school, have negative interactions in school or already involved in youth
violence, child sexual exploitation, county lines, exposure to grooming,
domestic abuse and gang activities.
With a combination of group discussions, role plays, individual and group presentations and a showcase displaying musical abilities depicting the program learning.
The young people are supported weekly for eight weeks, one day a week, to understand the risks involved and how they can take ownership of their decisions to deter negative behaviours.
Workshops explore the transition to secondary school, the role of social media,
self-expression, friendship groups, peer pressure, family conflict, and personal
issues to identify the influences of poor behaviour. We find coming in as a
neutral ground and harnessing music's power as an advantage that encourages
engagement and positive behavioural changes. The program acts as a last resort
to allow students to avoid expulsion.
Available for: Year 5 and 6 in primary school. And years 8 to 10 in secondary school. We work with students identified by your school as vulnerable and at risk of exclusion, engaging in criminal activities or child exploitation.
Details: One workshop per week, 90-minute sessions, tuition tailored based on student's needs. 10-12 students per workshop. Workshops delivered at schools.
Requirements:A teaching assistant must be available to sit in on sessions.
Testimonials: "When I first heard about the program, I did not think much, but after knowing it I have seen that I am more than able to follow my dreams, succeed in life, and make others happy" – S. "This project has taught me that if anyone peer pressures me to do anything and I feel like it's wrong, I'll step away. I don't care if they call me names or anything cause I know I'm better than that, and I know that I can do better stuff than that to succeed in my dreams" – D
Case study: Over 2000 hours spent delivering our More Than Able (MTA) Leadership Academy. The program is incredibly beneficial to students learning and school engagement. Watch Harris Academy's end of project showcase and results achieved after six weeks of working with Music Relief. The After school Activities and Mentoring information on that page is fine. Watch Harris Academy’s end of project showcase and results achieved after 6 weeks of working with Music Relief.